The Transgenic Crop Debate (Click for links to all stations materials)
What are the pros and cons surrounding GMO crops?
Students must complete station 5 stations (approximately 15 minutes each) to investigate the GMO/Organic food debate. Students should be instructed to pay special attention to the sources of the information and examine these sources for reliability and bias.
- Create a GMO pro/con Graphic Organizer
- Answer the following questions on the back:
- What was a misconception you had about GMO foods? About organic foods?
- Before this investigation, would you say that you leaned more towards GMOs, organic, or no preference? How about now?
- What do you notice about the “facts” you have encountered based on the sources from which they originated?